A colleague of mine solved a similar problem using the OpenRouteService
API. They used k-means clusters to determine the initial distribution of
points between surveyors and the optimization API
<https://openrouteservice.org/dev/#/api-docs/optimization/post> for solving
optimal routing between the points.

Another less glamorous but maybe a more practical solution: Overlay a grid
and count the length of roads inside each grid. Assign grids to each
surveyor. You can add distance from starting point in the calculation as
well. I have run field operations before, and a grid-based approach is
usually more manageable than a complex 'start here and walk the streets in
this order'.

Good luck!
[image: Logo] <https://spatialthoughts.com/>
Ujaval Gandhi