thanks Devdatta, i am using the one shared by Dileep last time around, the
shape is perfect just that the latitude and longitude seems to be scaled
down , so in my case UP shows up small and almost next to the equator.
i was told  this is something to do with choosing the right projection and
can be done with QGIS, but i do not know how. much appreciate any ideas or
links

chandrashekhar