Hi Meeta,

I had got these for some villages in Maharashtra some years ago; I don't
know about Gujarat but there could be a similar office and process there;
I'll guess Gandhinagar.

1. Walk into Settlement Commissioner And Director Of Land Records office :
https://goo.gl/maps/TsNSTHvKrHwrrQqj9
2. Tell someone you want to buy cadastral maps for so and so villages under
so and so Talukas (or what the sub-district is called in Guj) under so and
so District.
3. They'll give you a bill with the costs and send you to another floor for
making payment (digital only - only debit card was accepted when I had
gone, hope they're accepting UPI now) and getting a challan (official
receipt).
4. Cost was a few hundred bucks per village.
5. Get the challan, come back here and give it to them.
6. They will give a CD with .dwg files saved in it. Maybe one CD per
village.
7. Then take on the much harder task of finding someone who has a working
CD drive ;)

PS: No, there won't be any customization in the medium, as there are strict
rules from up top. No, they won't just email it to you even if the file is
a few KBs only, not even if their own gmail account is open right there on
the same PC that is writing the CD. Just take the CDs quietly and get out
of there.

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ