Thanks, Ujaval. Yes saving as .geopkg works (saves the field names in full
and displays properly upon reopening). This is the only solution that has
worked so far.

But I am not sure this is going to work for us in this particular situation
where we are then using the file in postGIS to display in a webGIS. Let me
ask our webGIS person.

Sharad