Thanks a lot!

Now I have another problem with making it calculating the statistics for
every station. My table has 4 columns: River, Station, Date and Value of
discharge.

You can imagine, according to the length of the data series for each
station, I have thousands of rows for each station (the River and Station
columns vary quite a little, only when it passes to another station). But
for a given River and Station, whose names repeat every row, the date (days)
and values always differ. And what I want R to calculate is the multiannual
statistics for every station following each other on the vertical.

What command I should use so that it calculates the statistics from the
column "Value of Discharge", based on the name of the station from the 2nd
column?

Thank you!