On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:

> Date::ICal uses what Calendrical Calculations uses (that they call
> Rata Die, fixed date).  They are days on or after Jan 1 of year 1
> (Gregorian).  This different from MJD.  I'd like to see Date::ICal
> switch to using rd to describe them instead of jd in some places and
> julian in others.

Aha.  I just ordered this book, and it should be here next week.

So this particular calculation is documented somewhere outside Date::ICal?
That is a good thing.

As to switching the internals, that sounds like a good idea, since it's
misleading as is.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com