On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Martijn van Beers wrote:

> > But nothing fancy, just a few formats should be supported in the
> > base class, including epoch time, ICal, and maybe ISO 8601.
>
> I wouldn't call epoch arguments parsing, but I would really like it if
> this wasn't in the base class. Making people go through extra steps to
> use epoch is a good thing, which will hopefully make them think about
> using it a bit more.

I agree that epoch is bad, because it's so limited, but it's a "standard"
that a lot of people are familiar with, so it needs to be supported in the
core object.

I have no objection to putting appropriate "epochs are limited!" warnings
in the docs.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com