On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Bruce Van Allen wrote:

> Some of the discussion was about whether or not DateTime objects should
> be updatable at all. It appeared to me that consensus formed to have
> objects static, and updating would be done via cloning:
>
>    $dt  = DateTime->new( year => 2001, month => 5, day => 22 );
>
>    $dt2 = $dt->clone( day => 24 );

I wouldn't say there was consensus ;)

As I said previously, it's appealing from an _implementor's_ standpoint,
and very logical, but I'm not sure that it actually makes for an API.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards making the object mutable, either via:

  $dt->day(6);

_or_ by just having one mutator sub:

  $dt->set( day => 6, hour => 7 );

-dave