Ah, interesting, I missed those packages when searching for "prior
art".  Class::Decorator seems not to allow what I want (new arbitrary
methods) but instead seems to allow you to insert pre and post code.
Class::Wrapper is closer but I don't think it is compatible because of
all the hackery I have to do to get the inheritence right for
overloaded operations (I have to make a package on the fly to get the
ISA magic right).

That said the Class namespace might be better than the Object one I am
currently using, perhaps Class::Overload::Stringify?

I thought about implementing a way to do all of the overloadable
operators, but there are some nasty twists that way...  Perhaps I will
look at that again.

                        -ben