> > If Dave OKs this it should be a separate class.  Probably DT::Undef.
>
> If Dave OKs?  Does that ever happen.  Unsurprisingly, I don't like this ;)

It's never happened before but I keep hoping... :)

> My experience with SQL tells me that down the path of 3-valued logic lies
> madness.

There is at least 3 possible states here; real, infinite, and undefined.  Undefined is
the least common case but I'd rather have another possible state then returning undef
when an object is expected.

> How is returning a weird object that looks sort of like a DateTime clearer
> than returning false?

I'm not proposing anything more exotic (or much different) then DT::Infinite::*.

-J