John Bishop wrote:

> By the way, something else I wanted to bring up is with recurrences that occur
> monthly on days greater than 28.  It looks like (from my testing) that your
> code will skip them in months that are too short.  (for example, every month
> on the 31st will always skip february, and any other months that only have 30
> days.)  That's not really as critical of a problem; it could even be intended
> behavior.  :)
>
> Either way, it might be worth at least a warning in the documentation.

It is intended behaviour - from ICal/RFC2445 specification:

   4.3.10 Recurrence Rule
   [...]
   If BYxxx rule part values are found which are beyond the available
   scope (ie, BYMONTHDAY=30 in February), they are simply ignored.

If you want "last day of month" you can use "negative" notation:
   (these examples are from RFC2445)

   Monthly on the third to the last day of the month, forever:
     DTSTART;TZID=US-Eastern:19970928T090000
     RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;BYMONTHDAY=-3

   Monthly on the first and last day of the month for 10 occurrences:
     DTSTART;TZID=US-Eastern:19970930T090000
     RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;COUNT=10;BYMONTHDAY=1,-1

Thanks for testing this module!

- Flavio S. Glock

  PS: forwarded to [EMAIL PROTECTED] list - this may get into the FAQ.