On Friday, September 5, 2003, at 12:50 AM, Joshua Hoblitt wrote:

So there is a difference, on some platform(s), between inheriting the value of TZ from the environment and setting it at runtime. Using tzset() is the 'portable' thing to do.

Okay, thanks.

Didn't I answer an almost identical question from David a few months ago?

Possibly. I had reported an issue with TZs not appearing to work on Debian, but if you said exactly the above, I missed it. Sorry. I'm glad to have the information now!

Cheers,

David

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                              ICQ: 15726394
http://www.kineticode.com/                     Yahoo!: dew7e
                                               Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]