On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 05:04:22PM -0400, "Steven J. Weinberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Just in time for the Hebrew new year (5764, this Friday evening) -
> DateTime-Calendar-Hebrew-0.01.tar.gz has just been uploaded to PAUSE.
>
> Enjoy.

In README.hebrew you mention:

> Understanding the Jewish Calendar by Rabbi Nathan Bushwick. Moznaim Publishing
> Corporation. ISBN 0-94011-817-3
> - Another excellent book. Explains the calendar, lunation cycles, torah portions and
> more. This has more Astronomy than any of the others.

This is a very lucid book.  My copy (dated 1989 with no ISBN), has a
couple handwritten corrections you might like to know about:

   On the table on page 96, in the far right column, Day of Pesach is
changed from vav to gimmel and for a regular year after a leap year,
"Friday 6:00pm 408 chalakim" is changed to "Thurs. night 6:00pm 408
chalakim".

   On page 102:
"But in a year during which Shavous fell on Monday or Wednesday, Naso
was already read on the Shabbos before Shavous, so there are only nine
Sidros left for the 9 Shabbasos"
   is changed to
"But in a year during which Shavous fell on Monday or Wednesday, if
Naso was already read on the Shabbos before Shavous, there are only
nine Sidros left for the 9 Shabbasos".