> Matt Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, I noticed this too, but there seemed to be quite
a few problems
> besides
> just the compiler issue.  The Makefile came out
very screwy as well,
> with a
> lot of missing single quotes, variables without any =
signs after
> them, etc.

I had this problem with RH9 also  ...  seems that perl's
Unicode and RH9's Unicode support got all tangled
up. I fixed it by changing LANG=en_US in my bashrc
to just 'LANG='. I read that somewhere ... anyway it
works! I think perl downgraded it's unicode for 5.8.1
because of this. I can't remember it's a while since I
researched it. You might want to search perl port.

Cheers!
Rick