I was recently making some long-needed updates to a relatively ancient module of mine, HTML::CalendarMonth. It's still pretty crufty as far as HTML generation is concerned, but no more crufty than HTML::Element.

As I was slogging through a backlog of patches, bug reports, suggestions, etc, I began implementing some language i8n features for those that had requested it. In fact I released 1.10 with those mods in place.

Then I took a second look at it and slapped my forehead. Two worlds, two minds. Despite following DateTime since its inception I never really thought to wed it with my calendar module because the calendar modules was not a pressing issue. Anyway, I'd gone part of the way down the road to doing exactly what DateTime::Locale does.

So I quickly made an update, and now HTML::CalendarMonth 1.11 is fully powered on the i8n back end by DateTime::Locale. And it works splendidly.

I guess my point is that if you stare at something in front of you long enough, sometimes, counter-intuitively, it never occurs to you to use it with something you've been staring at even longer.

Thanks for all the work, folks.

Mildly chagrined,
Matt