Hi Rick,

Rick Brewer wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>      I used the ActiveState version of perl which installed w/o
> needing a C compiler.I installed DJGPP in order to install the
> dateTime modules.

[snippage]
> perl -V shows:
> +++
>  Compiler:
>    cc='cl.exe', ccflags ='-nologo -O1 -MD -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE
> -DNO_STRICT -
This is the problem, Activestate uses microsoft's c compiler to compile
perl (5.6.1) you need to this complier when installing modules that require
a C compiler.

you need to use the ppm utility that ships with Activestate in order
to install the these modules. You can search the datetime archive
to locate a depository for you version of perl.

I hope this helps.

Ron Hill