I have a function which performs a test on a DB field, and performs an
addition of the NOW() + INTERVAL $auth_life_secs SECOND for a Table
update. (I do not see this functionality in the DBI - one of the few Use statements in the perl script).

I would like to set a variable equal to this amount so that I
can test the value of the DB Field to see if the update should be performed.

I want to modify the update to only update the field if the record_expires field is less than the quantity of NOW() + INTERVAL.

my $rows = $dbh->do("UPDATE table SET record_expires = NOW() + INTERVAL
$auth_life_secs SECOND, last_update=current_timestamp"

I need to modify the Select statement to ignore records which have a
record_expires field which is past the quantity of DATE() + INTERVAL.

How can I test the value of the record_expires field?

--
Albert E. Whale, CHS CISA CISSP
Sr. Security, Network, Risk Assessment and Systems Consultant