No, that doesn't work, as the correct way to write it is year followed by month, and not month followed by year.

What Miyagawa-san is saying is that, depending on the locale even the order of words change. This can certainly be achieved by using things like Locale::Maketext, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a locale module for DateTime, after all...

I think we just need a format like year_month_format.

  $dt->strftime($dt->locale->year_month_format)

--d