On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Rick Measham wrote:

> To work out the 'why', check $p->errmsg:
>       Your am/pm value (PM) does not match your hour (01)
>
> So your am/pm value of 'PM' doesn't match the hour 01 as 01 is in the
> morning. To hand it to you on a platter, you're using the %H specifier
> in your pattern which is the 24-hour specifier rather than %I which is
> the 12 hour specifier.

Oh my! Thanks for your help.

But I've got to tell you, had I seen "Your am/pm value (PM) does not
match your hour (01)", I would have never guessed what it meant.

Maybe "%H matched a 24-hour value in the AM range, which conflicts
with the %p value found (PM). Use %I for 12-hour values." would be
easier to understand for the impatient reader :).

Thanks again,

-- Mike

Mike Schilli
[EMAIL PROTECTED]