Hey guys,
Does anyone have, already made, some type of "recurring events" module? We have our in-house function that works with singular weekly and singular monthly events but we'd like to branch into daily, bi-daily, bi-weekly, bi-monthly, every X weeks, every X days, etc.

Our current logic for calculating "the next event" for a weekly event is thus:

Take the original time stamp of the event. Compare that to current time. If eventTimeStamp is greater than current time, return that date/time. Otherwise, add 1 week to eventTimeStamp and compare again. Loop until eventTimeStamp is greater than current time.

To me, this seems amazingly inefficient. If my weekly recurring original event start date was Aug 1, 2006, the perl would have to loop 26 times to find the next event (in this case, Jan 23).

Can anyone offer a better solution to this?

Thanks,
Matthew