William Heath wrote:
I think I figured it out, what is important to understand is that you
can't choose EST, you must choose a country/city for the function to
adjust for DST automatically.  My question was probably too simple for
you to give me this solution but I did figure it out.  Does that make
sense to you?

Absolutely. The time zones supported by DateTime are designed to be robust, not only for today but back to 1970.

EST is
(1) ambiguous (there's an EST in both America and Australia)
(2) a 'standard' time (the 's') not a summer or daylight time
    and so the offset wont ever change
(3) historically un-mappable to any 'proper' time zone as they
    keep changing by civil decree in various jurisdictions

Cheers!
Rick Measham
--
Message  protected for iSite by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and
content filtering.