I think I may have found a possible solution.  If you go to:

http://www.world-gazetteer.com/wg.php?x=&men=gcis&lng=en&des=wg&srt=npan&col=abcdefghinoq&msz=1500&geo=-54

You can find all the cities for a certain country with their
longitude/latitude.  I believe it is possible to know the
longitudes/latitudes for a certain timezone yes?  If so then you can know
all the countries and cities in a certain timezone.  There is also a perl
module for interfacing with the gazetteer data at:

http://search.cpan.org/~lbrocard/WWW-Gazetteer-0.23/Gazetteer.pm

The only problem I have now then is finding the postal codes for the
cities.  Any ideas on that?

-Tim