Frazer Irving wrote:
>Second, I am planning make this module a subclass of DateTime::Span. Are
>there any problems with this approach I may be unaware of?

This seems silly.  Your comparison functions will be most useful if
they can be applied to DateTime::Span objects.  As far as I can see your
subclass isn't changing any behaviour of DateTime::Span, but is merely
a vehicle to provide access to your new functions that are a layer on
top of the existing behaviour.  The overall effect of such subclassing
is to prevent access to the new stuff in situations where it's applicable.

I suggest that your comparison predicates should be either standalone
functions (for which the module name "DateTime::Span::Compare" is an
excellent choice) or additional methods in the DateTime::Span class.
I think the former is the most sensible interface.

-zefram