2008/8/27 Kristian Flint <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I've not been using DateTime for very long and got recommended it by our
> hosting partners, really happy with it etc... But I've come across a
> situation where I want to do something standardish with it and there
> doesn't seem to be any provision for it. The reason I'm mailing the list
> is that I'm amazed no-one has done this before which is leading me to a
> suspicion that there's a good reason why!
>
> So, what I want to do is get the the Bank Holidays for the UK and a few
> other methods like 'is_this_a_bank_holiday( $dt )' or perhaps something
> like 'number_of_working_days_in( $dt1, $dt2 )' to take into account
> weekends. And so on as the project I'm working on requires.
> Now, the reason I think this is possible is that looking at:
> http://www.berr.gov.uk/employment/bank-public-holidays/index.html
> The dates don't appear to be particularly random (they all have v.simple
> rules) and the only dates I don't really understand, the easter ones,
> I'm planning on using DateTime::Event::Easter to help me out.
>
> Is there anything obvious anyone can see that I'm missing, or any
> problems with doing this? I'd imagine I'd call this module
> DateTime::Event::BankHolidays::UK|England but I'm getting a bit ahead of
> myself now.
>
> Ta,
>
> Kristian

Kristian:

I'd create DateTime::Event::ICal objects for the non-easter dates.
Dt::E::ICal creates DateTime::Set objects, which provide several
methods you might need.
Dt::E::Easter also creates Dt::Set objects, and you can do a 'union'
of sets to complete your calendar.

Please take a look at the docs. I'd be glad to help if you have problems.

Flávio S. Glock