On Tue, 28 Sep 2010, Jim Monty wrote:

Uh, not yet. I'm still getting HTTP 404 pages.

You'll have to give me a hint (send me the URI privately if it's the confirmation URI).

I've never before contributed open source software, written a Perl module, or
even submitted a patch. Well, there's a first time for everything, and today's
the day! I want to submit a patch to Silki. I think I've got rt.cpan.org figured
out well enough. I have a Bitcard ID. Now I just have a few questions:  Is there
a specific way to generate a diff? Must the before and after files be named
something specific? Do I attach it as a diff file? The CPAN FAQ is vague on
these points. (I'm using Microsoft Windows and the MKS Toolkit for diff, not GNU
diff.)

I know nothing about Windows tools, and this is getting OT for the list, but ...

rt.cpan is fine for me, each module author has different preferences.

In my experience almost everyone prefers unified diffs. You can diff any two files (that started off as the same file), so the names don't matter too much. It's often handy when patching a cpan distro to simply copy the entire distro, and then do a recursive diff between the original directory and the directory with your changes.

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)