All I really want is to be able to say:

$dt = DateTime::Format::Somemodule->new('2008');

and have $dt->month and $dt->day return undef instead of "1" otherwise I can't
distinguish from:

$dt = DateTime::Format::Somemodule->new('2008-01-01');

Even DateTime::Format::ISO8601 doesn't do this even though "2008" is a valid
ISO8601 date.

PK

--
Dr Philip Kime