On Sun, 4 Mar 2012, Michael G Schwern wrote:

Date math is not commutative and this leads to all sorts of problem.  They
cannot be dismissed as some silly authoritarian demand.

Indeed, it's not authoritarian. It's more like a nightmare inspired by the crack-addled madness of our calendar, plus the crystal meth inspired madness of DST changes, with a hint of LSD courtesy of leap seconds.

It's a bad fucking trip, and I've been on it for a long time.

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)