On Mon, 6 Jan 2014, Bill Moseley wrote:

I have this code running in a Catalyst app running under mod_perl:

I'm inclined to blame mod_perl, since in my experience it tends to do weird things when loading modules, depending on how you load them (PerlRequire vs in module loaded via a handler, etc.).

The bit in your other message about "attempt to reload ... aborted" makes me wonder if you are for some reason using Apache(2)::Reload or something similar in production. If you are, you really shouldn't.

You may just want to punt and run the app via starman or something like that, too. I find this to be much simpler when using Catalyst. There's less magic.

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)