Title: RE: DSP Stack Memory Map

Hello,

        So what exactly do I have to purchase to get to the stage where I can recompile the codec server to occupy a smaller memory footprint? Does the DVSDK come with the codec server sources?

Thanks

From: Ring, Chris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:56 PM
To: Jerry Johns; davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
Subject: RE: DSP Stack Memory Map

The copy codec packages (e.g. codecs.videnc_copy) include libraries - and even sources(!), and are there as examples for the Codec Engine product.  Provided you have all the DSP-side requirements (provided with the DVSDK) like DSP-side compilers, DSP/BIOS, Framework Components, etc, you should be fully enabled to create the 2 example servers provided with the Codec Engine product (i.e. video_copy and all_codecs).  These servers only integrate the copy codecs.

The "real" codec packages (e.g. ti.sdo.codecs.h264enc) provided with the DVEVM/DVSDK, provide neither libraries nor sources, and are there only because the configuration step required for Codec Engine applications (on the ARM) requires the "packaging" from the codecs they will be instantiating.  That packaging, for example, enables the configuration tooling (i.e. XDC) to know the type of codec it is... so, for example, we know you don't need to link in the speech support libraries, and so we don't allow you to accidentally AUDDEC_create() a video encoder.

Chris