From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
.com] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 2007年1月7日 21:55
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
Subject: ***SPAM*** Score/Req: 09.40/05.00 - Fwd: Is Code Engine necessary

Hi Steve, Chris and everyone,

For the last couple of weeks, I have been reading and learning how to use
the CE API
to get a better picture of how to do stuff; I'm new to the CE API world.
I've played
around with the codecs example.  I just realized that the custom Davinci
board we have
has limited dedicated SRAM for the DSP (only 512 Kbytes).  As a result, I
don't have
much memory resources for the DSP; I noticed that the CE Server with all the
supporting
CE API modules may take up quite a bit of memory resources.  Is it possible
to do my
own codecs without using the CE API?  For example, I would have to create a
codec
application (under CCS 3.2) with DSP/BIOS and load it via the DSP Link under
Linux?
Would I then do intercommunication between the ARM and DSP via DSP Link?
Can
anyone please point me to examples or documentation that show me how to do
such
a design without CE and how to do intercommunication between the ARM and
DSP?

FYI, I'm not doing anything advanced (like video stuff), so I have no need
for the
nice CE API; I've posted many times here already that I'm just doing a
simple speech
codec on the DSP side and have an application on the ARM side that uses it.

Thanks!

Regards,
Andy Ngo