Hi Kostas,
 
I saw your post in November 2006 about using IDE and MTD simultaneously.
You mentioned compiling the drivers as modules and loading them manually
after bootup, which allowed you to copy a file from CF to mounted NOR
flash JFFS2 partition. I'm having problem with trying to do the same
thing, and I was wondering whether you could give me some pointers? I
compiled the IDE drivers as modules (MTD I still compiled built-in to
the kernel) and load them after mounting the JFFS2 partition after
startup. I then mount CF, which I can access properly. But it appears
that once IDE drivers are loaded, I lose read/write access to my mounted
JFFS2 partition. I guess this can be expected since they are both using
the same EMIF bus, so I am wondering how you were able to work around
that problem? Any assistance in this matter would be greatly
appreciated.
 
Thanks in advance,

Jenny Lu 
Design Engineer 
Nuvation Research (Canada) 
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
phone: +1.519.746.2304 x210 
fax: +1.519.746.2939 

 
_______________________________________________
Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list
[email protected]
http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source

Reply via email to