Hi, 

The DaVinci emac driver doesn't support ethtool, that's why you get this
error. I've made some changes to the davinci_emac.[ch] module and
davinci_emac_phy.[ch] module to support at least some of the ethtool
functionality. I'll see if I can make a patch for it and will post it
here when I do. 

Regards,
Sander


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Andy Ngo
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 7:16 AM
To: davinci-linux-open-source @linux.davincidsp.com
Subject: mii-tool / ethtool

Hi,

I'm trying to force a setting on the ethernet interface on the DVEVM
using the mii-tool or ethtool without any luck.  When I tried to dump
the eth0's existing settings, I get a "Bad address" error for both
mii-tool and ethtool.

# mii-tool eth0
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Bad address

# ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
Cannot get device settings: Bad address
Cannot get wake-on-lan settings: Bad address
Cannot get message level: Bad address
Cannot get link status: Bad address
No data available

Anyone has the same issue?  Thanks.

Regards,
Andy
_______________________________________________
Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list
[email protected]
http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source
  
--------------------------------------------------------

 
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or 
previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain information that is 
confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a 
person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby 
notified that you must not read this transmission and that any disclosure, 
copying, printing, distribution or use of any of the information contained in 
or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received 
this transmission in error, please immediately notify Sander Huijsen by 
telephone or [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete the original transmission and its 
attachments without reading or saving in any manner.
_______________________________________________
Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list
[email protected]
http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source

Reply via email to