Hi Josh,

Which codec engine or dvsdk example are you trying to build?

Sounds like you might want to play with the profile setting in the
package.bld file. For example, selecting a "release" profile will
automatically insert -o2 to the compiler invocation. If you have both
-o2 and -o3 for the TI C64P compiler, the last one on the command line
will win, i.e., what's specified by the copts.

This FAQ summarizes compiler and linker options thrown in when building
a CE example:
http://wiki.davincidsp.com/index.php?title=Codec_Engine_FAQ#How_do_I_add
_compile_options_when_building_the_example_applications.3F

Best regards,

Vincent