Lisa Parratt wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Out of Memory: Killed process 983 (rpc.statd).
I think the last line is the most informative. Maybe add some (more) swap?

Actually, I think the program died due to memory exhaustion before ever running into the alignment trap. Running both gdb and the software seems to be too much. You should try post-mortem debugging with core dumps instead.

regards,
   matthias

--
* Matthias Welwarsky
Project Manager Software

*

This  email  and any  files  transmitted  with it are  confidential  and are
intended solely  for the use of the individual  or entity to which  they are
addressed.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are
not the  intended recipient,  any disclosure,  copying,  distribution or any
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited. E-mail
messages are not necessarily secure.  Archos does not accept  responsibility
for any changes made to this message after it was sent.