As far as I am aware there have not been any patches to address this
issue.  As Sekhar noted in the email thread you referenced, the best
solution would probably be to add another dimension to the DMA transfer.
I don't think it would be terribly difficult, but it's also not nearly
as straightforward as the existing implementation.

Regards,

Brian