On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 12:04:59PM +0100, Tim Bruijnzeels wrote:
> > On 5 Dec 2017, at 11:07, Job Snijders <j...@ntt.net> wrote:
> >
> > ps. I'd leave the 'clean up out-of-region AUT-NUMs' for a separate
> > discussion on how to handle that data. Combining datamodel changes
> > and governance of existing data in the same topic might distract.
>
> This can be a separate effort. However, what I did not mention earlier
> is that we probably should disallow the creation of new out-of-region
> AUT-NUM objects if they are no longer required to authorise ROUTE(6)
> objects.

Yes, I support disallowing the creation of NEW out-of-region AUT-NUM and
ROUTE objects.

I keep seeing route objects covering non-RIPE IP space popping up in the
RIPE IRR for nefarious purposes. An ideal outcome is that the RIPE IRR
contains only RIPE NCC managed resources. A first step towards that goal
is to stop accepting new "RIPE-NONAUTH" objects.

Kind regards,

Job