+1 ... in CAPITAL LETTERS too.

Regards,

Peter Thimmesch
------------------------------
hic sunt dracones

On Jun 13, 2018, at 7:12 PM, Job Snijders via db-wg
<db-wg@ripe.net<mailto:db-wg@ripe.net>> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 10:56 AM, Lu Heng
<h...@anytimechinese.com<mailto:h...@anytimechinese.com>> wrote:
Internet is one, and this is a general problem of all Afrinic space, just
don’t make it personal please.

I didn't intend to make anything personal, so phrased differently:
What you highlight is ultimately a problem between AfriNIC members and
the AfriNIC organisation.

I hope Afrinic fix it rather soon that way every thing works, until then,
prevent network change is one way of breaking it.

I am sympathetic, but RIPE has no obligation to keep a glaring
security hole open to accommodate another RIR's lack of expedience.

As I mentioned at the microphone at the last DB-WG session, right now
I can simply register ALL not-yet-registered IP space in the RIPE NCC
database and in doing so lock out anyone else from making any
registrations for non-RIPE-managed space. There is nothing in place to
stop anyone from doing so, this would immediately fix the security
problem. I hope this both illustrates the size of the security hole
and the problem of any business process relying on the existence of
the hole.

Kind regards,

Job