Hi Ronald,

less than a week ago, on this same list there was the conclusion that
these route objects would be removed.
real-soon-now, is my understanding.

That should resolve *this* issue.
But I think the holders could then create a similar route object in
AfriNIC...

Another thing that confuses me:

[I see the inetnum object in AfriNIC, but:]

$ whois -h whois.iana.org 62.61.192.0
says one should look at RIPE whois for the whole /8

and
$ whois -h whois.ripe.net 62.61.192.0
says "nothing here - look at IANA"

shouldn't IANA point to AfriNIC??