All,

I am pleased to announce that DBD::SQLite (Self Contained RDBMS in a DBI Driver) version 1.20 has been released on CPAN.

  http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBD-SQLite/

This follows on the heels of 10 developer releases released starting 2009 March 27th (Adam "Alias" Kennedy has been doing release management). The previous production release of DBD::SQLite was version 1.14 about 18 months ago.

Improvements in 1.20 over 1.14 include:

* Updated the bundled SQLite library from v3.4.2 to v3.6.12, which carries many new features as well as bug fixes.
  * Added support for user-defined collations.
  * Added ->column_info().
  * Resolved all but a handful of the 60+ RT items.
  * Many bug fixes and minor enhancements.
  * Added more tests, large refactoring of tests.
  * Minimum dependencies are now Perl 5.006 and DBI 1.57.

See http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/ADAMK/DBD-SQLite-1.20/Changes as well as http://sqlite.org/changes.html for details.

Now it is especially important, since automatic updates from CPAN such as with the CPAN/CPANPLUS utilities, would now be pulling this new 1.20 by default, ...

Please bash the hell out of the latest DBD::SQLite and report any outstanding
bugs on RT.  Test your dependent or compatible projects with it, which includes
any DBMS-wrapping or object persistence modules, and applications.

If you want in to DBD::SQLite development, then join the following email/IRC
forums which MST created (the mailing list, I am administrating):