All,

I am pleased to announce that DBD::SQLite (Self Contained RDBMS in a Perl DBI Driver) version 1.26_05 has been released on CPAN (by Adam Kennedy).

  http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/DBD-SQLite-1.26_05/

This developer release bundles the brand-new SQLite version 3.6.19, which adds support for enforcing SQL foreign keys. See http://sqlite.org/foreignkeys.html for the details of the foreign key support that SQLite now has.

Also be sure to look at the section http://sqlite.org/foreignkeys.html#fk_enable , because you have to enable a pragma on each connect to use the foreign keys feature; it isn't yet on by default for backwards compatibility purposes.

As I imagine many of you have been pining away for SQLite to support this feature for a long while, you'll want to dig in right away.

TESTING NEEDED!

Please bash the hell out of the latest DBD::SQLite and report any outstanding
bugs on RT.  Test your dependent or compatible projects with it, which includes
any DBMS-wrapping or object persistence modules, and applications.

And especially try actually using foreign keys with SQLite.

As the official release announcement says: "This release has been extensively tested (we still have 100% branch test coverage). [The SQLite developers] consider this release to be production ready. Nevertheless, testing can only prove the presence of bugs, not their absence. So if you encounter problems, please let us know."

See also http://www.sqlite.org/changes.html for a list of everything else that changed in SQLite itself over the last few months.

If you want in to DBD::SQLite development, then join the following email/IRC
forums which MST created (the mailing list, I am administrating):

  #dbd-sqlite on irc.perl.org

And the canonical version control is at:

  http://svn.ali.as/cpan/trunk/DBD-SQLite/

Patches welcome.  Ideas welcome.  Testing welcome.  Whining to /dev/null.

If you feel that a bug you find is in SQLite itself rather than the Perl DBI driver for it, the main users email forum for SQLite in general is at: