Darren Duncan wrote:
At 2:13 PM +0000 12/15/04, Jeff Zucker wrote:

Darren Duncan wrote:

How much trouble would it be to actually look inside each file?

Patches are welcome if you think it's doable and worthwile :-).

In the mean-time, would it be worthwhile to change the data_sources() implementations to simply return an empty list, as 'sqlite' currently does? In my mind, that would seem preferable to returning a list of invalid items. -- Darren Duncan

If the user creates a directory for all DBM files and creates subdirectories within it for each database and puts only tables belonging to that database within those subdirectories, then using data_sources() in the main directory will be useful and using tables() within each data_source will as well. I'll add documentation to clarify that getting good results from data_sources() and tables() depends on the user's file organization.

--
Jeff