At 3:42 PM -0700 7/21/05, Jeff Zucker wrote (under a different subject):
Anyone for a DBI BOF?  please post at

   http://conferences.oreillynet.com/pub/w/38/bof.html

Thanks!

Great idea!

I would be willing to submit the application form for this and/or host it, unless someone else wants to do that. I will try to be fair and unbiased.

My personal preference for a date is Thursday evening at 7:30 or later, because that night is after the Lightning Talks. But if a majority prefers another night (there is Monday and Wednesday to choose from), then so be it.

As far as I can see, there are no conflicts with the schedule on any night except with other BOFs. Evening events on the main schedule for Wednesday and Thursday both start at 6pm, so there should be time for people that want to attend both those and the BOFs.

For whomever submits the form, it may be helpful to answer the main questions by committee. Therefore, feel free to write in what you think should be said for the main questions, which are reproduced below.

Personally, I'm inclined that this BOF should be for advanced topic discussions, largely for people that have a medium to high level of experience, or at least already know the basics. Something partly to make up for the lack of an "Advanced DBI" talk this year.

This would complement Jeff Zucker's "The Basics of Perl DBI" tutorial on Monday, which is more geared to beginners.

The BOF could discuss in person things like DBI v2, or whatever wrapper modules, or whatever attendees want, really.

-- Darren Duncan

Title of proposed BOF:

Describe the people who would be interested in attending this BOF:

Which evenings(s) are you available to host your BOF?

Full description of this BOF Maximum 250 words, about 35 lines.

Brief description of this BOF Maximum 50 words, about 7 lines.

Anything else we should know about your proposal?