Cosimo Streppone wrote:
In data 27 marzo 2009 alle ore 03:30:10, Darren Duncan <dar...@darrenduncan.net> ha scritto:
So, out of my un-paid projects, my promise to take over release management of DBD::SQLite (from the still incommunicado previous owner) has now come to the front of my queue (now that Set::Relation 0.9.0 is out)

Hi Darren,

I *seem* to remember, but I might be totally wrong, that
ADAMK took over maintainership for DBD::SQLite some months ago.

Well that's news to me. And great news if it is true. It also must have been a recent development (I'll look into it) as I didn't see any CPAN releases or announcements.

Regarding feedback on DBD::SQLite, give me some time to read all
your mail.

I first made the proposal around January 12th of this year, quickly following my spreading the news that SQLite 3.6.8 came out with support for nested transactions, and getting responses that DBD::SQLite had all sorts of unresolved bugs and whatever, and seeing for myself it was long since updated. Also Audrey Tang had released SQLite 3.6.1/2 a year ago in amalgamation form, but now neither Audrey nor Matt were doing anything, and I saw no evidence that anyone else was too. So I offered to do it.

The only thing I can say right now is that DBD::SQLite
rocks for me because it's a direct-from-CPAN install with no
hassle, even on Windows.

This is also one of the advantages of using the SQLite amalgamation version that sqlite.org provides and Audrey experimentally released. The complicated pre-compilation work is done in advance and so less capable build environments like Windows can then build SQLite without having a pricey tool. Don't know if Adam's version is the amalgamation but I'll look.

Anyway, to repeat a prior reply, I've decided not to unbundle the library.

-- Darren Duncan