On 25/03/13 14:53, demerphq wrote:
On 25 March 2013 15:48, Martin J. Evans <boh...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
as we are producing massive JSON files and every extra "" makes a big
difference.

If there is no specific reason to use JSON (like for instance sending
data to a web browser) and size and speed are priorities then you
might want to consider using Sereal instead of JSON. It is both faster
and produces smaller output than JSON.

Yves

Thanks Yves. I've tried Sereal but unfortunately it is just too late to change
now. Other reasons are a) it is not readable b) last time I looked it was not
supported by all the languages we need to support c) it is still marked
experimental.

Martin