Delaporte, Olivier wrote:
I am trying to build the DBD-Informix module DBD-Informix-2003.04 on HP-UX
11.11v1 with Perl 5.8.0.B and gcc 3.3.3. The informix parameters are:

INFORMIXDIR=/apps11/informix ; export INFORMIXDIR
INFORMIXSERVER=fab3_prd1 ; export INFORMIXSERVER
PATH=$PATH:$INFORMIXDIR/bin ; export PATH
DBD_INFORMIX_DATABASE=stores7 ; export DBD_INFORMIX_DATABASE
INFORMIXC=/usr/local/bin/gcc

You don't say which version of ClientSDK or ESQL/C you are using.

I get the following error during the perl Makefile.PL step.

Testing whether your Informix test environment will work...
gcc: +Ofastaccess: No such file or directory
gcc: +DS2.0: No such file or directory
gcc: +DA1.1: No such file or directory
cc1: error: unrecognized option `-H400000'
Failed to compile esqltest.ec to esqltest.o

You're going to have to a bit of work on the esql script you have.

GCC does not recognize those HP C Compiler flags, so you need to remove them.

You will probably find the DBD_INFORMIX_DEBUG_ESQLCC and DBD_INFORMIX_DEBUG_ESQLLD environment variables of some use.

However, you probably need to try even more complex ones than that:
DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLCC_REMOVE_OPTIONS_REGEX
DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLLD_REMOVE_OPTIONS_REGEX

Actually, it would probably be easier to ensure that "." is on your PATH ahead of $INFORMIXDIR/bin, then do:

cp $INFORMIXDIR/bin/esql .
chmod u+w esql
${VISUAL:-vim} esql

And carefully remove those unrecognized options.
What's more problematic is working out whether you need to replace any of them. The +Ofastaccess is probably ignorable (or choose your favourite GCC optimizer options). The +DS2.0 +DA1.1 are related to the PA-RISC architecture - I'm not sure exactly how.

I cannot find any reference to that problem in the FAQ and the Notes
directory.

Regards

OLivier Delaporte

--
Jonathan Leffler ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]) #include <disclaimer.h>