I just read a Debian advisory about CAN-2005-0077, claiming "Javier
Fernández-Sanguino Peña from the Debian Security Audit Project
discovered that the DBI library, the Perl5 database interface, creates
a tmporary PID file in an insecure manner.  This can be exploited by a
malicious user to overwrite arbitrary files owned by the person
executing the parts of the library."

I haven't seen this discussed on this list yet. Will this be fixed in
DBI 1.47, and if so, when can we expect that release?

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer      | If the code is old but the problem is new
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR / LUGA  | then the code probably isn't the problem.