On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 07:44:49PM +0900, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>       As somebody kindly pointed me out that hardware differences
> could have a strong impact on the results, I will suppose that this is
> the reason why I have seen such speed inconsistencies, unless somebody
> found something insightful in the dprofpp output extract in this mail.

Peter had some insightful comments.

And you've not addressed the issues I raised a few days ago:

: A couple of quick guesses:
:   - perl config differences - eg configured for threads or not
:   - perhaps on OS X you're using unicode data

You could start by posting the perl -V output for the two perls.

Tim.