When using the database handle "column_info" method to get data type info on a MySQL 4.1 table using DBI, I get the following warning messages when the table contains geometry columns, even when PrintWarn and PrintError are off for the database handle:

column_info: unrecognized column type 'geometry' of '<table name>'.<column name> treated as varchar

This is largely just a cosmetic issue for me (I'd rather not have this stuff going so STDERR if I know what's causing it), but if anyone has discovered a way of turning off these warnings (I couldn't find any in the documentation), I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

Jim Bosch