Glad you solved it.

"Michael Kebe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Install Oracle 9 and build DBD::Oracle using that.
>
> Now it works! Thank you very much!
>
> But I have one remark. I built it with the step by step guide by John
> Scoles (README.win32.txt). But at step 16 (perl Makefile.PL) first I got
> an errormessage that should have a litte hint. It says:

Ok as that part of the README.win32.txt is for 10g installs I do not think
it should be changed as the number of permitaions with clients and versions
would make it too long.

> Unable to find required Oracle OCI files for the build. Please check
> That you have your OCI installed in your oracle home (C:/oracle/ora92)
> Directory and that it has the following files (and probably more):
>         C:/oracle/ora92\oci\include\oratypes.h
>         C:/oracle/ora92\oci\lib\MSVC\.lib
> Please install OCI or send comments back to dbi-users@perl.org

However, you are right the 'Hint' above is a little vauge and I might make
anothe change to the README.win32.txt to account for this I am a little
weary of chaning the Makefile.PL as It migh break for the present versions.

>         If you have an OCI directory other than oci.
> This errormessages says exactly that OCI need to be installed and that was
> my case, too. You have to select the OCI (Oracle Call Interface) explicit
> in the user-defined installation. I used the typical installation for an
> administrator and there it was not included.
> C:/oracle/ora92\oci\include\oratypes.h existed for me, but reading the
> next line left me alone and I had no clue.
> This file C:/oracle/ora92\oci\lib\MSVC/oramts.lib existed for me, too. So
> I thought I have everything and changed one line in the Makefile.PL to get
> it rid of the message and finishing the execution without an error of the
> Makefile.PL. After that I tried to run nmake, and there I get an error
> leading me to the solution: 'oci.h': No such file or directory.
> After searching the web I found someone had compilation problems with a
> Oracle and PHP. There I found, the solution to select explicit the OCI
> during the Oracle installation. Here the link for germany speaking guys:

The question I have for you is. How were you installing Oracle 9,  which
version or Oracle 9 client did you use and which version of DBD:Oracle. I
need this to recreate the problem then document it properly.

Or if you want write it up youself and I will then add it to the
README.win32.txt  file for you.

Cheers

John Scoles