On 2006-03-05 13:31:05 -0500, Sam Tregar wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2006, AnnoCPAN notification service wrote:
>
> >If you got this message, it was because you opted in. Seriously! If you
> >would like to stop receiving notifications, just follow this link:

> Sigh.  I just clicked that.  Sorry.  Somehow, in my under-caffeinated
> state I thought that link would take me to the new note.

URLs into links. But most mail to html converters do, so if someone puts
his own archive of this list on the web, it is only a matter of time
until a bot follows the link (I learned the hard way that the CGI script
behind a delete button should check if it is really called with POST
:-). I don't know if the key in the URL above has an expiry date,
but even if it does, there remains a window of opportunity.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | If I wanted to be "academically correct",
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | I'd be programming in Java.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |   -- Jesse Erlbaum on dbi-users